The General Directorate for Social Assistance and Child Protection, sector 2 (GDSACP)
The General Directorate for Social Assistance and Child Protection Sector 2, Bucharest implements, at the level of Sector 2 of Bucharest, the social care services in the field of child protection as well as for families, people living alone, elderly people, people with handicap and any other persons in need.
The General Directorate for Social Assistance and Child Protection Sector 2, Bucharest was set up following the Decision no. 43 / 17.12.2004, as public institution subordinated to the Local Council of Sector 2 of Bucharest. It was created through merging the Sector 2 public service for social care with the public service for child protection, the Recovery and Rehabilitation Center for Persons with Handicap, the Care and Assistance Center no. 2 and the "Sinaia" and "Corydon" nurseries, thus taking over all their prerogatives and roles.
The General Directorate's roles are:
- Strategic - it draws up the social assistance strategy, the social assistance plan for preventing and fighting social marginalization as well as anti-poverty programs that are sent for approval to the Local Council of Sector 2, Bucharest;
- Coordination of social assistance and child protection activities at sector level;
- Management of existing funds;
- Collaboration with public services within the ministries and institutions relevant in the field of social care, with local public services for social care and with representatives of the civil society working in the field;
- Executive - it provides human, material and financial resources necessary for the implementation of strategies against poverty and strategies for preventing and fighting social marginalization as well as for solving urgent individual and collective social cases at the level of sector 2;
- Representation of the Local Council of Sector 2, within the country or abroad, in the field of social assistance and child protection;
The General Directorate for Social Assistance and Child Protection has as subordinates placement centers, foster homes for children, family-type apartments, recovery centers for children with multiple disabilities and their parents, the center for care and assistance for adult persons, the center for neuro-psychiatric recovery and rehabilitation, the emergency social shelter for adult persons, the day and night shelter for street children, the emergency shelter for children, kindergartens and nurseries.